9.20.2011

In.Light.In

Several of my good friends volunteer and run a children's ministry here in Dominica called In.Light.In.  On Friday afternoons, they go to a local park and visit with the children of Portsmouth.  These amazing girls and guys play games, make crafts, share meals, and spend time with the local children.

Before


After


It is a tradition at In.Light.In to feed the kids boxed macaroni and cheese.  The girls tell me that it is the first meal some of the children will have had all day.  To honor that, I made a little mac'n'cheese icon for the blog.


If you are interested in learning more about In.Light.In or supporting their efforts, please go check out their blog

         

2 comments:

Clare said...

Katie -- just now seeing this post!!! I love the new In.Light.In blog, thanks so much for all of your help! I LOVE the mac 'n cheese dude!

Katie Price said...

haha.. he is my fave!